Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Change Your Mindset, Change your life.

Like any deep thought this didn't come when I was trying to have deep thoughts, or when I was trying to be intellectual, because that's never when these type of things attack you. no, it's always while you try to sleep, or in my case while you're trying to take a relaxing shower. I was thinking to myself, "What is life?" which I suppose is a very common human question, and I doubt this will be the last time I ever ponder this.
Is life something that is predestined for you? Is there something, some great thing waiting to be accomplished by you and only you, or is life simply what you make of it? The dreamer side of me would like to believe that I was destined to do something, like I was chosen for a particular task and no one else. However I choose to believe that life is simply what we make of it. Why?
I started thinking, both those who think that life has something predestined for them and those you think life is what you make it can lead extraordinarily happy lives. It can also be noted that those who seem to think they are destined to fail and nothing more live miserable lives. I came to the conclusion that to change your mindset is to change you life. If you think you are going to fail you will fail because that is what you expect to happen.
I believe our beliefs and our values shape us into who we are and that life is simply what you want it to be. Whether people choose to believe that it is some higher power such as god is another topic. Isn't discovering yourself in a religion the same as changing your mindset? Is that why people are either completely blinded or able to see clearer through religion?
This could also tie into The Secret, a wonderfully powerful book. What if having what you want in life is as simple as changing your mindset?



Life happens too fast for you ever to think about it. If you could just persuade people of this, but they insist on amassing information.
Kurt Vonnegut

No comments:

Post a Comment