Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Random thoughts, Dan Brown, and The Buddy Walk

Have you ever wondering why more food vendors don't operate the way ice cream trucks operate? Who says you can't have a hot dog truck or a hamburger truck? Can you imagine that at sporting events? WHY only ice cream? Is only the ice cream sacred enough to be stuffed in a truck (that is actually a van) and be wheeled around with that annoying soundtrack? Have you ever perhaps wondered (probably not) why we have unicorns (you-na-corns) but not unicbrows or unic-cycles. If Greek for one is "unic" or whatever language they derive from why can't we have unicbrows? You simply can't tell me we use one languge for this and another for that. English may well be the most cryptic language of all, no wonder foreigners have such a hard time!
Speaking of cryptic things is anyone else REALLY stoked for Dan Brown's new book coming out September 15th? I know there are some big bible people out there who refuse to read Brown's work because it offends them, but really? It's a novel. No, it's not %100 percent historically accurate, excuse the guy for having an imagination. In fact all good books are hated by at least some people. I got lost in the book, I felt their emotions in both The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons (my personal favorite!) I'm very pumped to read Digital Fortress, I've read into it a bit and it seems intresting, but it doesn't quite catch my attention like the other two.
Anyways! His new book, The Lost Symbol comes out in just 47 more days! If you want to check it out here's the link to his website:
http://www.thelostsymbol.com/

Now for yet another topic, I'm on a random roll today! October 3rd is going to be the Buddy Walk in Omaha, it's taking place at UNO's campus. For all of you not familiar with the buddy walk it's a walk to raise money and awareness for people with Down Syndrome. One of those people happens to be my little sister. She is the happiest, most amazing little girl I have ever met. One smile makes your day, guranteed! If your in the Omaha area anyone is welcome to come participate in the event, more information can be found here:
http://www.odspn.org/Buddy_Walk.aspx

Anndd If you can't make it you can always show your support by sponsering a child and raisng money for the cause. Here is my sister's site:
http://www.firstgiving.com/kayleighskrew
:] so check those links out and be sure to spread the word! My sister is so much more than her Down Syndrome. I hope in the future to be able to show people just how amazing people like my sister are, and how much they have to give to this world. Just the capacity for love they have is amazing, we all have that capacity but they really use that. If everyone could love that they do it would be wonderful.

To wrap up this Wednesday randomness is a cute picture to brighten your day:

No comments:

Post a Comment